sportswear for climbing
The sportswear for climbing is a type of clothing designed exclusively for climbing, an activity that requires a good material to practice this sport with guarantees. Buy sportswear for climbing quality is a good investment because it provides comfort, functional, provides security, can achieve high performance and protects against inclement weather.
Features climbing clothing
Climbing is a form of mountaineering which involves making ascents on vertical walls or steep making use of their own physical forces, using both lower extremities and upper extremities.
Since climbing is done in places to a considerable height, it is considered a risky sport, so that protective equipment is used in order to have security, consisting of elements such as ropes, carabiners or other security elements.
There are various forms within the climbing: sport climbing, rock climbing, ice or Boulder. So mountain climbing products to be used will be different. Some basic materials are:
- Climbing shoes: Climbing shoes or climbing shoes, are a type of specialized footwear specifically designed for rock climbing. Climbing shoes are too tight at the bottom, have no padding or very little inside, and have a very sticky rubber sole that serves to hold on to the rock. They are designed so they are very attached to the foot of the athlete.
- Helmet: The climbing helmet is a basic piece of clothing climber for security reasons, because it protects the head against stones, rocks, objects or pieces of ice that could fall from above, as well as shock and impact forces in the event of drop.
- Sports shirt: In the 80s and 90s they were popular with climbers brightly colored shirts and tight to the body made of spandex. Currently, the trend is to wear loose clothing, such as shirts extensive sports offering plenty of movement and facilitate the breathability of the body.
- Pants: Climbing pants depends on the type of climate in which the activity being performed. In warm weather, it can be short pants, a tracksuit, a pirate pants or lycra mesh. If you are in a cold climate, you should make climbing with long pants and even, if required, with thermal clothing.
- Usual mountain equipment: Climbing in the mountains or ice climbing, the common material used in this type of terrain, such as hiking boots to protect ankles with non-slip soles, shirt and long pants, warm clothes, waterproof jacket, gloves, scarf, and cap or hat.
To choose the right clothes for rock climbing, it is important to consider some details. For example, pants three important characteristics:
- Trousers with high waists: means less hassle to put on the harness.
- Adjustable fasteners on the underside of trousers, enables us to collect low, in order to correctly determine the placement of the feet on the rock.
- Reinforcements in the knee (not only use hands and feet, sometimes also knee) etc.
As it regards the torso, when choosing clothes for rock climbing what we value is the freedom of movement: garments wide at the back (climbers significantly develop this area) but with a little more tight sleeves.
Climbing in winter
When we face a journey mountain, we must consider special clothing so that our activity is not disrupted by inclement weather. To counter the extreme cold that occurs in the mountains there that arroparse greatly, but do not forget that physical activity will produce sweat and if we do not use the correct items quickly we will be soaked with sweat. And sweat is bad because it consumes energy and generates bodily discomfort. The classic clothes for winter alpinist are arranged in layers.
1st Layer: This layer is the one that will be in contact with the skin, is underwear. The main function that must meet the garments of this layer is to evacuate the sweat and moisture so that the skin remains dry.
2nd Layer: This is the intermediate layer and has the task of retaining heat that the body generates while evacuating the moisture it produces. You should also officiate as thermal insulation from the cold outside. Not heated, but retains heat to surround the body of an insulator retaining the temperature. The fleece is the main heat insulator used in mountaineering, a garment is essential to scale because:
- Retains heat optimally.
- Evacuate water vapor.
It is permeable to wind and dries quickly.
It is lightweight and has a very small volume.
It is water repellent.
3rd Layer: It is the layer that is in contact with the outside and must have enough power to isolate the climber from rain, snow and wind, making the necessary isolation and prevents the body to lose heat generated and the previous layers retained.
Coat tips: Finally we will only deal with the head, hands and feet. Our limbs are the first and, therefore, should be well protected from the cold to avoid hypothermia. we need:
- Beret sun.
It covers neck
Beret wool or fleece
Sunglasses. UV 100, with side shields.
The hands should be covered with very good gloves. It is common to use a finer inner gloves.
Feet should be very spoiled but we suffer more than necessary when we are in the heights.